In this book, A. D. Livingston combines a lifetime of Southern culinary knowledge with his own love of authentic home smoking and curing techniques. He explains how to prepare smoked and salted hams, fish, jerky, and game—adapting today’s materials to yesterday’s traditional methods.
This book includes more than seventy-five recipes—such as Country Ham with Redeye Gravy, Canadian Bacon, Scandinavian Salt Fish, and Venison Jerky—as well as complete instructions for:
- Preparing salted, dried fish
- Preparing planked fish, or gravlax
- Building a modern walk-in smokehouse
- Constructing small-scale barbecue smokers
- Choosing woods and fuels for smoking
- Salt-curing country ham and other meats
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.